Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Your mama don't know what I got in store for you


#999 - Rock This Town :: Stray Cats

Well, we found a little place that didn’t look half bad.
I had a whisky on the rocks, and changed half a dollar for the jukebox.

This song always reminds me of my first adolescent crush. It was junior high, eighth grade, and there was this boy who stole my newly teenaged heart. I went to a small private parochial school, and we had very few students in our grade level. In a very short time you knew everyone well, too well really, and there was not much mystery or excitement that went on. He was a new student, the son of the new church minister, and he had a band. He dressed “rockabilly” and his band played nothing but Stray Cats songs, and he was a bit full of himself - but at the time, I thought he was all that, and more.

I went to some party through the church’s youth group, I think one of the younger group leaders held it (I remember they were all college age, and took us to do activities that had nothing to do with “bible study”) in their parents’ basement. His band played, and they played this song, and it was truly awful - but wonderful, all at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment