Thursday, January 28, 2010

I used to let you wear all my clothes



When You Were Mine (live, Mtv Video Awards) :: Cyndi Lauper

I remember when we used to go to the Mtv video awards together, back when they were something, back when they still played videos on Mtv.

I think I've always had a thing for girl's singing Prince songs. This is probably my favorite, though...both Cyndi's versions, and Tegan and Sara's.

Could write on the dangers of trying to make your best friend into a lover, and how much it hurts when it goes bad, but I think I will leave it to the lyrics...

"When u were mine,
you were kinda sorta my best friend,
so I was blind,
I let you fool around.
I never cared,
I never was the kind to make a fuss,
when he was there
sleepin' in between the two of us."



When You Were Mine :: Tegan & Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment