Thursday, January 14, 2010

We can be heroes just for one day

Heroes (live) :: David Bowie

5 Things this song reminds me of:

1. The first time I ever heard this song I fell in love with it. The song stuck with me from that first listen, and when I first started driving I had it on this one mix-tape I remember vividly. I used to play this song while I drove down the Pacific Coast Highway and I would craft a mini-movie in my head. A story grew out of it, one I wish I'd actually gotten around to writing down.

2. My oldest daughter Julia who has been in love with David Bowie since round about 4th grade, the year she wrote a report on him. She will be 18 tomorrow and she is still mad for him.

3. Every unrequited or impossible love I've ever had in my life.

4. My often naive way of seeing love and believing in it, no matter how much I've been hurt by it, and no matter if I'm the one loving more. I still believe that love can change everything for the better...and more than that, I still believe in love.

5. How much music has changed me, influenced me, inspired me, comforted me, challenged me and been such a part of the person I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment