Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I didn't hear you leave

Here With Me :: Dido

5 Things this song reminds me of:

1. Long nights writing letters I would never send and flipping through the few pictures I had of you. There was music always playing, a collection of about 12 songs, that I kept repeating, over and over, like that echo of regret that pulsed just under my skin - the one that got away.

2. The ocean, and long drives with Julia in tow, music always playing. We'd usually end up at the Ferry, getting out first to take a ride on the Ferris Wheel, or duck into the old photo booth. I have so many of those small pictures of the two of us.

3. Watching episodes of Roswell in bed together, take-out food and us being okay for a little while together - before we got married.

4. The desert in the middle of the night, driving alone, with that ever present mix of uncertainty and hope flowing through me.

5. How much I still really love the No Angel album.

No comments:

Post a Comment