Tuesday, January 12, 2010

It could happen to you, so think for yourself

Catch My Fall (Original Demo) :: Billy Idol

5 Things this song reminds me of:

1) The movie Modern Girls, even though I'm quite sure the song wasn't part of the soundtrack (I think it was in Some Kind Of Wonderful, actually). This movie, though, was a favorite of my friend Kate and I, one of those ones we would watch repeatedly until we could recite all the lines ourselves, when we were in our late teens.

2) My first car, an old Honda hatchback which had a tendency of overheating all the time, and traveling with far too many people inside. If that car could tell stories, though, I'm sure it would have a book, or two, to churn out.

3) That I'm enjoying this more stripped down demo version. The original song came on the radio on my way into work and I thought it would make a good "5 things" song - but then I found this version.

4) Part of a story I was writing not too long ago which centers around a small group of friends in three different times in their lives - one being the early-to-mid-80's. This was one of the songs I have on the "writing soundtrack playlist" that I listen to when working on that time of the story (I need to pick it back up...soon...)

5) Hollywood, at night, driving around the intersection of Sunset and La Cienega.

No comments:

Post a Comment