Monday, January 11, 2010

I'm just a shot away from you

Take Me Out :: Franz Ferdinand

5 Things this song reminds me of:

1) The year of indie boy bands for me. Nearly every CD I bought that year, and just about every song I threw into a playlist, or mixed CD (with a few exceptions) were comprised of a male-fronted/male-centric indie band - most notably The Libertines, The Killers, Bright Eyes, The Strokes, Bright Eyes, Arcade Fire).

2) My son, Max. He was born this year and I listened to this album, and this song, quite a lot while I was expecting him - and after he arrived. Some of his first favorite songs in his first year of life was this song, and Babyshambles' 'Killamangiro'.

3) Chicago, both visiting there, and my short spell living there - and working back at Tower Records briefly (although not in the same year, this song still reminds me of that time).

4) Dancing.

5) My friend, Andi. Reminds me how much I miss her, too - especially how much I miss living close enough that we could meet for a beer and rounds at the jukebox whenever we wanted to.

No comments:

Post a Comment