Tuesday, February 2, 2010

They ride the roads as they bend

Hit the Ground Running :: Smog

5 Things this song reminds me of:

1. Change is just around the corner, a mere four days away, and though the past week I was plagued with worry and doubt, I'm feeling very good about it all now. I'm ready for this and I'm hoping that I'll hit the ground running.

2. That I'm tired of bitterness and feeling held in a state of limbo. So many of the voices around me on a near daily basis are filled with pessimism and dark clouds - and though I have them myself, I'm tired of it. It rots all of who you are, and I'm in no mood to go rotten.

3. I love discovering music I didn't know about the day before. This morning it was this song that I stumbled upon, and have listened to on repeat for the better part of an hour. Everyday is another chance to fall in love with a new song.

4. If you could leave today and go anywhere at all, where would you go?

5. There are things I will miss about the town I've called home for almost four years. I thought about some of them while driving down Myrtle Avenue this morning. Library park with its Mark Twain statue sitting on the bench with a book, the movie theatre just around the corner where Max saw his first "at the movies" film, and the comic book shop I liked to walk to with a coffee in hand (picked up at the local shop also 'round the corner, though I won't miss it, their coffee was always pretty lousy).

No comments:

Post a Comment