Friday, June 4, 2010

Played my favorite song


#979 - I Love Rock and Roll :: Joan Jett and the Blackhearts

"So put another dime in the jukebox, baby."

Listening to this song, right now, as I write this causes me to realize that I may very well love this song even more today than I did when it first was released - and I loved it from the start, so very much.

This played all the time on the radio station I listened to in 1981. I was in junior high, and I listened to the radio feverishly everyday after school (and on my clip-on transistor radio that attached to my bicycle, when I rode around the neighborhood. This was a huge song at the roller rink, and I remember skating around those slick wood floors, singing-a-long with my friends.

This was also one of those songs that were often a part of slumber party-hairbrush as a microphone-concerts, and turn-it-up until your car speakers nearly blow freeway sing-a-longs.

I just turned it up here in my office, unplugging my headphones, and three of my co-workers started singing-a-long - loudly - dancing around, everyone saying at least once "damn, I love this song".

Honestly, it is just one of those songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment