Friday, June 4, 2010

Let it fade


#978 - Come Down :: Bush

"'Cause I don't want to come back down from this cloud,
it's taken me all this time to find out what I need."


Sometimes I think I enjoy the music from the '90's better now than I did back in the '90's, or perhaps my tastes have veered in different directions since then (or, as it seems, in various directions).

I remember this song as a background song, a soundtrack playing while I hungout with certain friends, or drove around Los Angeles with the radio on. I do not have any particular image, or memory, that comes to mind from those days when I hear this song. What I do have, though, is a newfound love of the song, and the lyrics, now.

It was recent that I heard the song again, and something about the lyrics (especially the quoted chorus above) that struck a chord with me. I have gotten to a time, or an age, or a chapter in my life where I really know myself and what I want in this life - and for once I feel very happy with the person I am, and the people I've chosen to have in my life. I guess, it just took a long time to get here, and this song strikes at that in some ways.

A re-discovered song from the '90's that resonates more with me today? Yeah, suppose that is why it made this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment