Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Tide That Left and Never Came Back



The Tide That Left and Never Came Back :: The Veils

“‘Cause it’s a small town,
it misses you,
my love.”


***


I'm feeling nostalgic today and a bit blue. I think it has a bit to do with reuniting with an old friend who I’ve not spoken to/heard from in near nineteen years. He was part of a chapter in my life that held such significance to who I am, in the best, and not so shiny and bright of ways.

He was best friends with my first love, and my first real rip your everything out and leave you inside out kind of hearbreak. He was my friend, too. For a summer the three of us spent nearly everyday together. When we broke up though there was damage that happened between us. He had a part in the break-up and a part in the illusions that split apart and shattered, he kept up his part of a deceit, and I think at the time I couldn’t forgive so easily.

Time heals, and even if we don’t forget, we forgive - or I do, or I have, for that matter. Truth is, I miss the both of them, and I miss the girl I was then. Well, perhaps I don’t miss her in all that she was, but I miss pieces of her. I miss the unconditional and blind trust she had in love most of all. She never did come back with her heart completely intact.

This song, The Tide That Left and Never Came Back, it fits that kind of looking back and missing to me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment