Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Black Dirt



Black Dirt :: Sea Wolf

"Here on the ground,
I cannot hear a sound,
just a strong and steady rain,
getting louder as you sing."


***



I’m thinking black dirt would be a fitting addition to the Full Moon playlist, which the more I think of it suits the Season, as well. I’ve been contemplating a Halloween/Spooky October mix, and this may work as both.

This song has a sadness to it, a feeling of loss, and of giving up. There is that line about the heart no longer beating, yet the song continues - a hint of living post-something lost. Perhaps it is an afterlife haunting the living, the marks that the no longer here leave on the earth, or on us. Skid marks and shadows that we may miss as we walk by, but that those with the right emotional temperment, or the right kind of lonely, cannot miss.

It reminds me of the after shock of a break-up, too. That hollowed out feeling, the wreck that is left when one’s heart is truly broken. Haunting song, and haunting emotions, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment