Thursday, November 4, 2010

Green Eyes



Green Eyes :: Coldplay

“I came here with a load
and it feels so much lighter,
now I’ve met you.”

***


Sometimes I wish there was a manual, or guidebook, for good relationships. Think about it, there are plenty of books and blogs and rants about bad relationships - how to deal with them, how to get out of them, how to recognize them, how to survive them, how to heal from the aftermath and heartache - but honestly, how many books or blogs or raves do you know about good relationships?

In my “adult” years (I use the term here very loosely) of love and relationships I have to admit to having very little experience with good relationships. I’ve been lied to, used, cheated on, abused, mistrusted, stalked, and quite a few not so bright and shiny things in-between and sadly I know i’m not alone in this. Thing is, it does have an impact on expectation, as well as reaction, when in any relationship.

I don’t like to let the past influence the present, but when dealing with the vulnerability of love, well, it is damn hard not to.

But, I’m learning, and I’m trying, and perhaps along the way I’m writing my own guidebook to a good relationship, because for the first time in my life I am in one.

and, this song reminds me of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment