Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Bang Bang Bang



Mark Ronson & The Business Intl :: Bang Bang Bang
song is off the newly released album Record Collection
released today (U.S.), September 28, 2010
Available here.

“Un deux trois,
bang, bang, bang.”


Catchy and clever is what I’ve come to expect from Mark Ronson, and the first song I’ve “spun” off of this new album does not disappoint my expectations; in actuality, this song exceeds my expectations. This is almost a song I wish had come out earlier so that it could have had the opportunity to be a Summer hit, but since I’m listening in the midst of a early Autumn/”Indian Summer” heatwave, it works.

I love the cultural and musical hybrid sound, the melding of language and style, cross-genre and so very danceable - this song is near impossible to not get sticky-stuck in your head. You’ll see, if you hit play you will be humming this tune for the rest of your afternoon. In this case, that’s a good thing.

The album, and Mark’s new posse called The Business International, are said to feature the collaborations of Boy George, Simon Le Bon, Wiley, Miike Snow and a Kaiser Chief, to name a few, as well as MNDR and US rapper Q-Tip, on this song. I cannot wait to throw this album in and get completely addicted.

No comments:

Post a Comment